12 February, 2010

Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle

I took a Jacobite Cruise which took us on a little boat ride on Loch Ness and over to Urquhart Castle.


I never,  in my entire life, thought that I would see Loch Ness. It was an emotional moment. I was a little bit disappointed, not that I didn't get to see Nessie, but the fact that the mystery surrounding Loch Ness dissipated while flying across one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen. Over 750 feet deep, the lake still leaves a little possibility, doesn't it?


Urquhart Castle was the second castle I've visited. I'm kind of liking this castle thing. The stories are so interesting. And since, I've met a member of the Urquhart clan.

This was so beautiful - the banks of the lake, the ruins that remain.

This castle was destroyed by the family as a defensive action, so it would not be overtaken by the enemy.


No comments:

Post a Comment