07 February, 2010

Don't Blink

Here's what went down -

MONDAY:
He said: I need to borrow a couple of people to fill some positions in the UK.
I said: What are you looking to fill?
He listed them. One I'd done. One I hadn't. It was for a very long time.
That night, I talked it over with my daughter, whom I live with.
"Go for it Mom!"

TUESDAY:
The next day I expressed my interest in what I didn't know. I love to learn.

WEDNESDAY:
The next day I discussed it with my manager - she was supportive.
That night I wrote up a formal request summarizing my background and interest.

THURSDAY:
I submitted it.

FRIDAY:
I met with my UK (then) co-worker (and now Manager) and his manager.
I was gifted both positions.

THE NEXT WEEK:
I packed and trained new people on my (then) current role.

SATURDAY:
I left.

SUNDAY:
I arrived at Gatwick and flew on the Scottish Highlands.

MONDAY:
I worked.

The Beginning
(and you were expecting "The End")

No comments:

Post a Comment