10 February, 2010

Inverness, Scotland

Looking down on Inverness from the wall surrounding the castle.

My first five weeks, were in Inverness, Scotland. The Highlands of Scotland!

I worked with two, wonderful, U.K. co-workers, getting retrained in what I hadn't done in a very long time. By week twopointfive, I was training again. It felt like wind in my hair.

Getting off the airplane at the airport was my first OMG moment. A tiny plane, at a tiny airport. I walked across the tarmac taking a moment to look around. Hills and mist. It was breathtaking. I could have started walking right then and there.

Here are some of the lovely things I experienced while in Inverness.


The River Ness with Inverness Castle in the background.

Church yard with cemetery. I love cemeteries - you'll see.

This path leads you to the top of Tomnahurich Hill. A hill that rises up in Invenress. It is part of the Tomnahurich Cemetery. The link provides you with a little Scottish lore.

Gaelic / English road signs abound in the Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment